"The Мetro of the 2 сapitals" is a complex interactive resource about the metro in Moscow and St. Petersburg.
It is an open non-commercial project that was developed and actively supported by 4D design specialists, and by many people who render various assistance to the project.
The project has a long story, and it has been refactored and reworked many times. In 2016, was made a migration to the Drupal 8 platform (from Drupal 7), and the Material Design concept was applied.
The main features of the project
- A unique, designed specifically for the project, a layer of subway objects overlaid on a Google map.
- A large database of technical information about metro facilities.
- Photo, renders and vector schemes of stations.
- Chronology of construction, information about under construction and projected objects.
- Convenient search, navigation, and statistics.
The project uses a number of solutions designed specifically for it. Development workflow includes testing platform and a possibility of smooth deploy to the working site.